As Town approach their final away trip of the season, the staff and squad will still be in positive spirits following the impeccable display at Manchester City on Sunday. The job isn;t done yet though, as we certainly have one, if not two cup finals remaining to secure survival. Here are the key points from Wagner’s pre-Chelsea press conference:
- Expect some rotation following how much effort was invested on Sunday in difficult conditions..
- We have to play at our highest possible level to make the impossible possible and get points from this game.
- Very happy with the initiative from sponsors OPE Sports meaning we will have magnificent support in London.
- It is a different task and a different plan to the City game, as Chelsea have a very different style of play.
- Löwe and Kongolo have slight doubts but Tom Ince is fit and will be back in the squad.
- Three games in a week is not problem, we are used to it and know exactly how to prepare.
- Staying up would be bigger than getting promoted – like winning the title for Wagner.
- Refused to comment on reports linking him to Leicester City.
- Will follow the Swansea vs Southampton game but is fully focussed on Town’s display as we can;t influence others.